Translate

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

HELL THEFT GREED COVETOUSNESS

IN HELL FOR "STEAL, ABUSE, CURSE AND WISH OUR MISTRESS EVIL"

As I was busy rendering this poem out of heaviness of mind after Joyce’s departure, the troubled hell calmed down a bit. Every eye was red like a live coal and their voice gained volume for help. It was at that moment I saw a young girl whom I had met in the world, but I never knew she had died before then. She was exhausted. She reeled and staggered. This girl was a house help in the city of Lagos, Nigeria before she died in a motor accident in the year 1965.

"Ranti, why are you here?" I screamed.

"A-a-ah… Uncle Allen, I am l-o-s-t, p-l-e-a-se, help me. Please …. Water… Help…help," she cried.

I became upset at this juncture.

This girl used to sell soft drinks for us in the naval staff quarters in her lifetime. She was between twelve and fourteen then she used to be at the gate from the noon till around five o’clock in the evening. Sometimes, I sent her on an errand to buy me newspapers from the vendors, she was quite responsible.

“But, I once told you to give your life to Jesus," I said.

“Yes, uncle Allen, you did. But fear of torture made me lie at home; hunger forced me to steal. I was hard starved. I went through the cold for lack of proper clothing. None of my efforts at home met my reward of kindness from my mistress. For all mistakes, our mistress used horse whip day after day, so that my body was covered with wounds. Having no one to whom I could turn for help, I began to steal, abuse, curse and wish our mistress evil. I never knew her cruelty had an end but sorrow and torment here are eternal. Just some days to Christmas time in 1965, as we ran up and down for more sales besides the road, I was knocked down by a taxi cab. This led to my death," she explained. "Ah what do I do?" I asked myself. “Uncle, can you plead for me?" She asked.

“Ranti, I’m sorry, I didn’t know that this place will be as terrible as this when I was preaching to you that day. I would have explained better than I did. But it’s too late now," I replied.

”A-a-ah Uncle Allen, you mean I will be here forever?”.

Friends, this I heard and burst into crying again, I couldn’t say yes or no. So, death could remember a house helper too, make no discrimination between the child and the maid? It’s terrible.

YEMI BANKOKE

THOSE WHO MISHANDLE PUBLIC FUNDS

A man was standing naked with his two arms spread in the image of a cross. There were needles pricked into each of his cells all over his body. He looked as if he could not scream even if he was in terrible pain. This person had spent the church funds as if it was his own.

HWA BI JUNG

THEFT DEBTS

I saw Christian in hell for committing theft, borrowed money and did not return it. Whoever does not return what is not his, committed robbery and is a thief.

KENZO ATSUSHI MEXICO

THEFT

The demons cut off the hands of those who stole what is not theirs. Not only the thieves had their hands cut off, but also shepherds who stole the offerings and the tithes of the church.

KIMBERLY WATSON

GREED

I went into the chamber of the people who died in greed. They wanted the wife or the job of others. Their minds focused on stealing what did not belong to them. Their evil desires to see people leave their offices in the companies for them to take possession, everyone is in hell.

COVETOUSNESS

Hell is divided into chambers. I entered the chamber of the covetous. They coveted their goods. They did not help the poor. Their attachments to their property took them to that place. Each room in hell is gigantic and many people fit into it.

SOPHIA VAN BERKHOUT

No comments:

Post a Comment